[Homeroast] Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel feature on coffee roasting danger

John Nanci john at chocolatealchemy.com
Wed Jun 24 17:49:54 CDT 2015

I think you might have mis-read it.  Or at least didn't put together the
connection they were making.  Namely that the diacetyl levels were
similar for worker whether flavoring was added or not, so therefore the
risk is similar.

But I would agree that those of us roasting a few pounds here and there
have virtually nothing to worry about from diacetyl.  But those doing it
professionally may well incur quantifiable risks and it's worth looking
into.

John