[Homeroast] light roasts > RE: Boot Coffee

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Thu Jul 30 11:52:18 CDT 2015

Bottom post...

-----Original Message-----
From: Homeroast [mailto:homeroast-bounces at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com] On
Behalf Of ricky carter
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2015 11:05 AM

>> I think my post 1st dev times are good, very similar to yours, with the
exception of very light roasts, they may still need some work.

This is where many, including many "professionals", really screw up. Not
slowing the ramp enough just before hitting start of 1st to be able to get a
fully developed light roast. Not necessarily easy going from 15-16f/min rise
to 6f or less/min ramp but that's what ya gotta do! Currently my lightest
production roast is dumped ~16f above start of first yet with 2:30
development.

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/