[Homeroast] Boot Coffee

ricky carter rickylc99 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:50:55 CDT 2015

Thanks miKe, I'm assuming that with the PLC your air is on a fan?  I have
just the flapper.  Decent control, but not as precise as a fan would be.

I was changing air quite a bit for a while, but lately have been using
mostly flame for roast control.  Air is still very tricky for me, applying
air seems to add BTU up to a certain point, then can act as a BTU reducer,
depending on flame.

 I've not got this mastered yet and probably should go back to using air a
bit more in roast control.  With just vane control it is hit and miss for
reproducability though.  You have to look at the handle at exactly the same
viewing angle each time, LOL.

What time frame, generally speaking, are you running your Ramp?

I am trying to find that charge weight/charge temp combo sweet spot that
gives me a nice transition from dry to ramp but still gives enough punch to
the charge to keep the heat wave moving through the bean yet doesn't come
into ramp like a freight train.

It sounds like I need to up my charge weight quite a bit.  Perhaps that
will smooth the transitions?

Rick