[Homeroast] Boot Coffee

Dave dbcraw at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:46:33 CDT 2015

I'm less high tech but I use a profile of high heat, reduced at 1st then
increased a bit to finish.
I first roasted in an air popper and learned to really love the bright
flavors. I graduated to a Behmor when they 1st came out. After it blew the
2nd motor (I still have the replacement in a box) I started using a whirly
popper on the stove. I always felt like the flavors were muted with the
Behmor, and blamed it on the long roast time, and slow cool down. I like
the intimacy of the whirly popper, I use all my senses, especially smell to
roast. In the end I get a lot more of the nuances of flavor than I did with
the Behmor too.
So I guess I use Mr. Boots profile too, in an artistic way...

Dave

Dave

Some days...
It's just not worth chewing through the leather straps