[Homeroast] Boot Coffee

ricky carter rickylc99 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 08:27:30 CDT 2015

John,

I haven't roasted on the Behmor in several years. But I did for at least 3
years when I first started roasting.  Then I went from the Behmor to the
Quest M3 for a couple years and then about 1 1/2 years ago bought a USRC 3
Kilo.

That is what I work on 99% of the time now and what I tried these
parameters on.

I do still remember nature of the Behmor roasting curve though.  somewhere
along the line in using the Quest I went to lower burner/element heat
application at the start of the roast, relying more on thermal mass to get
things started and then continually adding heat up until 1st.  I'm not
really sure why, it worked i guess :)