[Homeroast] Boot Coffee

ricky carter rickylc99 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 07:40:34 CDT 2015

Robert,

I'm happy it was thought provoking.  I haven't roasted on a popper, but I
would think in some ways the BTU application would be more straight forward
than a drum in that you don't have residual heat in the drum.  The closest
I could relate from experience would be a Behmor where there also is not
much residual heat.

The other thing that is standing out about these roasts is a thinner body,
perhaps it could also be called greater clarity of flavors, LOL.  Not sure
if it is due to shorter ramp, shorter dry, or both.

If I can figure what needs to be done to bring some of the heft and deeper
sweetness back in while also retaining the clarity, I think it will have
greatly improved my roasts.

lots and lots of learning to do.