[Homeroast] Boot Coffee

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Tue Jul 28 20:30:52 CDT 2015

While "home roasters" are definitely not Boot Coffee's primary target I know
a number of serious home roasters who have taken roasting courses from him.
While I have not I do know Willem Boot is very respected in the roasting
community and considered having founded one of the best places to learn to
roast for those entering the industry. What's he selling? Decades of
acquired coffee knowledge, actually a lifetime. He started roasting and
cupping coffee when he was 14 and founded Boot Coffee in 1998. Right around
the time I was just starting as a home roaster.

He speaks of different fragrances as tell signs of different roast stages.
Actually pretty common knowledge in experienced roasting circles.

I've had numerous customers come into the Roastery coffee bar and comment it
smells like baking bread outside. I don't notice it inside unless using the
tryer, but just today went outside to burn one during a roast and yup, the
exit smoke going through tanning stage sure enough smelled like baking bread
to me.

Turning beans brown is easy. It's a Lifetime Journey learning to make beans
sing. The day I'm not open to learning I might as well lay down in a 6 foot
hole in the ground.

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/