[Homeroast] Gesha Acatenango Guatemala

John Nanci john at chocolatealchemy.com
Fri Jul 3 15:32:16 CDT 2015

And taste preferences.  There isn't a roaster I respect more than Mike,
and I don't go 'dark' by any stretch of the imagination (425-435 I like
quite a bit in general), but I have never found the taste of espresso
that lightly roasted appealing.  We have a long history of amicably
agreeing to disagree.  Luckily we all roast our own and can do it just
to our liking!

At the most recent SCAA there was espresso roasted at this level
everywhere (who knows what the profiles were like).  Sort of the
aggressive backlash (rightfully so) against deep 2nd.  But there was not
one shot I could say I enjoyed of those.  I finally gave up after a
dozen or so.

John
Alchemist at large