[Homeroast] Roasters for Blind Folks

Tim TenClay teejtc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 00:18:14 CST 2015

I used to have a basic hottop.  I basically punched it up to as long as it
would go and roasted by sight, smell and sound (just basically an "on"
button, hitting a "length" button a handful of times, and an "eject"
button).

It would work well and can handle about a 1/2 pound per roast.  The big
drawback is that the area surrounding the roasting drum is not protected so
she would have to be very careful about where to touch.  I'm sighted and
more than once (minorly) burnt myself.

Grace and peace,
  `tim

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 6:58 AM, Robert Yoder <robotyonder at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Greetings, most excellent group,
>
> I have a blind friend/neighbor who has started roasting.  She's using a
> FreshRoast with some success, but her household guests are drinking her out
> of roasted coffee every day.  Today she asked about roasters capable of
> larger batches  which might fit her needs.
>
> I would love to pass along any ideas!
>
> Thanks, and
>
> Happy Roasting,
>
> robert yoder

Rev. Dr. Tim TenClay
"Only a religion which is a way of living in every sphere either deserves
to or can hope to survive." (MacIntyre)
--
This message may contain information which is privileged or confidential;
if you are not the intended recipient, please delete immediately.  Do not