[Homeroast] Behmor in Garage

Steve Jacobs steve.jacobs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 13:45:48 CST 2015

I've roasted one pound batches in my two-year-old Behmor outdoors on my
screened in porch in all temperatures. When it was below 30, I had to
preheat close to 3 minutes, and from time to time I'd still have problems
getting it dark enough.

A couple months ago, I installed the Behmor II controller and things have
improved greatly. In manual mode, I can pick a better temperature profile
and keep on extending the roast times enough where I get deep enough into
the second crack, even with a full pound. I roasted a couple of one pound
batches one after the other with the Behmor II-ized roaster when it was 20F
outside and everything turned out perfectly. I about froze my parts off,
but at least the Behmor is a pretty good hand warmer. :)

Steve
Ashburn, VA