[Homeroast] milk frother wand

Steven Van Dyke coffee at svandyke.com
Sun Jan 18 15:02:50 CST 2015

At 07:19 AM 1/18/2015, you wrote:
>Those auto frothers will give you Starbucks style bubble bath foam
>if you like that sort of thing.  Micro foam is not possible.
>
>--mike

Actually we were quite surprised by the good quality of the foam from
this little thing.  Dense, creamy, and long lasting.  I really didn't
expect it to be that good.
We ran across it at a high-end kitchen store doing demos.  Seur
LeTable in this case.  You guys might want to check similar places in
your area and see if you can get a demo.

I think we're all in agreement that doing it right (steam wand)
produces the best foam, but both the Bodum one I mentioned first and
this Nespresso one turn out something very close to whipped
cream.  I've seen people do a *lot* worse with a steam wand.

It's kind of like the AeroPress folks claiming that it makes
Espresso.  Once you admit that it doesn't, you're free to admire the
quality of the cup it *does* make.

Enjoy!

KCSteve :->