[Homeroast] Behmor in Garage

Ken Schillinger Ken at whidbey.com
Fri Jan 16 14:56:21 CST 2015

I've been using my Behmor since SM's first started selling them. I roast in
an unheated outbuilding, which is not infrequently in the 40's or sometimes
below. I always preheat on P1 for two minutes, and my bean weight is
probably 13-14 oz. I say probably because I just use the measure that came
with my old Café Rosto, and don't fill it quite full for two scoops. I know
that fly's in the face of what most of you do on this group (far less
exact), but I always have roasted coffee that tastes good to my family,
friends and myself. The one thing you may need to do is have a heat source
(I use a 1500 W hair dryer) to trick the Behmor into thinking it's warmer
that it is by blowing hot air into the ventilation ports on the roaster,
thereby fooling the internal sensor.
If my Behmor went out today, I'd have a new one ordered, or repair in
progress by tomorrow.

Best regards, Ken