[Homeroast] Newer Columbian's

Steve Hamm steve.hamm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 13:19:31 CST 2015

I'm not sure this is in the group you mention, but it is Colombian, and I
wanted to ask a question of the list about it: Familia Guerra - La Isla.
I've been having trouble coming up with a roast profile I like. So far,
this would *not* be one of my favorites.

I've recently been rotating between Sidama Dereje (Ethiopia) which I've
really enjoyed, and Finca Rosma (Guat.) which is a recent favorite.  Then
there's la Isla...

I'm getting Folgers-like results so far. I've roasted La Isla three times,
to FC, trying somewhat different schedules each time. (I'm using a Hottop.)
This week's roast is an improvement but still kinda off. I'm next going to
try a longer drying period, because I think I'm getting some grassy tones.

Anyone have suggestions on how to roast La Isla?