[Homeroast] Individual pages for archived coffee reviews?

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Fri Feb 13 10:31:28 CST 2015

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 08:30:46PM -0800, miKe mcKoffee wrote:
> FWIW the further I delve into the deeps of coffee the more sure I am there
> is little if anything of worth attained with "minimal fuss". How do samples
> I receive compare/contrast to what over 50 tons I've roasted in the past 7
> years (on my little USRC 3k workhorse)? They stand/cup on their own, though
> yes sensory memory also comes into play comparing/contrasting but not what
> someone else wrote about some by-gone coffee.

Minimal fuss == not spend time scrolling when a link could be provided.
SM's is a database driven website.  Changing the template for the output
would create the needed links. I'm not asking for a table of contents
or a single page with links to every coffee description in the system.
Just the ability to link to a specific description.

Your needs as a roaster with over 50 tons of history is vastly different than
those of someone whose total history is a few hundred pounds.  I've yet to
roast my bodyweight. I'm much more dependent on SM descriptions. They are part
of my ongoing education.

As you point out however, the notes should be my own with my own tasting profiles.

> I'll shut up and go away now...
Please no.

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon