[Homeroast] Individual pages for archived coffee reviews?

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Thu Feb 12 21:09:22 CST 2015

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 06:14:15PM -0800, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> Right, a page per country of origin. But not even a # anchor link to go right
> to the bean of interest.  I wanted to use them to enhance my personal log
> and inventory system.

I don't recall (1) that the archives ever had per-lot anchors, but I agree,
that sure would be nice.  It was partly because of this lack of a
defined long-term link that I resorted to copying and pasting the info
for lots I had bought (as well as some that didn't make it past serious
consideration) into my log.

> While writing this email I checked the available options:
> Print - it brings up an empty description page. Clicking, the check boxes
>         had no effect. https://www.sweetmarias.com/printable_review.php?id=3336
>         If this worked as it seems to be intended it would be very good.

If the print a review option ever worked it was sporadic.

> Where's the Cameroon page? I'd like to reread the Mifi Java description.

How old is that lot?  I didn't see any Cameroon lots until I got back
to the 2007 Caplami Java.  Trying to find something without a notion of
when it was around is...  not easy.  But that division by year(s) has
been there as long as I've been looking for old reviews.

(1) caveats: I've not looked at entries earlier than late 2009 very
much, and at my age memory isn't always as reliable as I'd wish.   :-/

--
And in the end, reality always tends to hit theory hard
in the face when you least expect it.  - Linus