[Homeroast] RK drum learning curve troubles

Brian Hoppler brianhoppler at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 10:32:21 CST 2015

I get a first crack on 2.5 pounds at 15 to 18 minutes usually.  The hood temp gauge rarely goes over 500 degrees F.
Second crack about 3 minutes later, & a bit of smoke.  Changed jets to natural gas, run all 5 burners on high for the duration, sometimes on small batches, (or fast beans [decaf]), turn off the middle burner at first crack.
What I the distance of the drum to your burners?