[Homeroast] Behmor 1600+ on order...

Steve Jacobs steve.jacobs at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 08:46:46 CST 2015

I don't really worry about how long it takes between first and second
crack. There are too many variables at play, such as ambient temperature,
bean mass, type of bean, etc. I roast once a week, year-round. So it's
anywhere from the high 90s to as low as 10 outside.

I preheat the beans, then take them through first crack and 45 seconds into
second crack, then shift into cooling mode.They always come out the exact
way I prefer them.

 I have to extend roasting time with the "C" button more than a few
times, but that's because I run at least one pound in a batch and lately
have been stretching into 22 - 24 oz batches with good results. Large bean
mass means better control on temperature (but more chaff to deal with).

The Behmor is a huge advancement over my earlier methods (whirly-pop &
stainless-steel dog bowl/heat gun).