[Homeroast] Behmor 1600+ on order...

Clark Barclay pedestriancoffee at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 16:40:24 CST 2015

Thanks for the recipe Howard. I've been roasting on my 1600 for about two years, and still experimenting and learning.

I never use the c button anymore since I've noticed that if I let it run its course after I hit C it will always roast too dark for me. If I want a French roast maybe I'll do that.

I now just use the + or - buttons to add/subtract time depending on when or if it hits 1C. It seems to work pretty well, but definitely not totally consistent.

That's interesting that you hit cool during the Rosetta Stone section. What do you suppose the advantage is of doing that as opposed to just adding the crack time you want and letting it hit cool once 1C starts? I've always wondered how adding/subtracting time plays into the roast curve program. And how the Rosetta Stone affect it as well.

- Clark