[Homeroast] Behmor 1600+ on order...

Steve Jacobs steve.jacobs at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 18:53:55 CST 2015

I've had my Behmore 1600 almost three years and upgraded to the plus
controller about a year ago. After about 150 pounds roasted, it's been
remarkably trouble free. I started off with 8 oz batches, but went up to a
full pound pretty quickly. Before moving to the new controller, I had to
"cheat" the roaster by preheating two minutes to get a pound up to FC+, but
fell short of that on really cold days a few times.

With the plus controller, I don't need to cheat and I've been pushing
upwards with batch sizes. I went through 18, 20, 22 and finally 24 oz
batches and the only thing I've noticed is I get a lot more chaff (which is
to be expected). I'll keep increasing til I hit the two pound mark, or if I
have any issues.

Sent from my Apple Watch