[Homeroast] Behmor 1600+ on order...

Howard B howardbandy at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 15:22:43 CST 2015

I bought a Behmor 1600+ about a year ago, after wearing out a FreshRoast
500.  I make about two Behmor roasts per week.

I have a standard procedure that works well for me, resulting in a fairly
light roast:
280 grams of green beans (0.6 pounds)
Settings:  1 pound, A, P1.  Press Start
18:00 on the clock.
4:30 failsafe countdown begins.  Press Start.
Around 3:30, varies by bean, the first pop of a bean cracking.
Around 3:20, the tenth pop, which I use as the indication of the beginning
of first crack.  Press C.
3:10 on the clock.
About 1:45 on the clock, cracking is about done.  Press Cool.
13:00 on the clock.
About 8:00, stop the roaster and dump the beans.  Press Stop.
Dump beans onto a large baking sheet, sort for duds, cool to room
temperature, remove chaff, store.
The result is about 240 grams of roasted coffee beans.  Just right for four
one-liter pots of coffee, each 56 to 60 grams.

Best,
Howard