[Homeroast] NEW ROASTER! PRIMO!

Dennis Parham dparham_is at mac.com
Sat Dec 5 12:57:52 CST 2015

Yeah.. its SO neat of a setup inside there… super clean besides a little chaff here and there… this drums are so small for the mega size of machine! lol but completely insulated which makes it really nice!,the only hot place i can find is the front plate od 1/2” stainless steel… this  thing cool beans VERY fast even though I don’t necessarily feel air sucking that much… 1 minute 6 lbs cool! maybe little faster, I need to time I guess … since this was fitted with phidgets for ET and BT they seem a little more responsive than factory so Im not sure which to believe yet… will do some testing… its also possible the original probe has become sluggish I guess… maybe just update them all the be same probably is best bet… anyway.. the IR burner is just a box and little piezo like electronic starter… looks safer than huge flames… just has a nice glow inside id love to add temp control but the costs I see to have it done is ridiculously expensive and who I price out the parts its considerably less and keeps one not married to a brand… is it really that necessary to spend thousands just to have a PID to keep temps under control? one thing is that after first roast.. Im not sure how to cool it down to drop second… on my charge temps between 380-400 but then drop temps around 414-420 for example.. it really is thermal stable so take some time to get back down… Im wondering if charge temps and drop temps on this design tend to be the desire…

Dennis Parham
Lone Palm Roasters
www.lonepalmroasters.com
www.parhampenworks.com