[Homeroast] Behmor Question

John Nanci john at chocolatealchemy.com
Sat Dec 5 11:08:51 CST 2015

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I disagree with this.  A variac
will not stabilize your voltage.  It only allows you to change it
proportional to the incoming voltage (and sometimes boost it).  If your
voltage is at drops by half, the output will drop by half also at a
given setting.

Also, that listed variac is WAY undersized for a Behmor.  It is listed
as 3.3 amps.  The Behmor draws around 14 amps.