[Homeroast] Behmor 1600+ on order...

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Sat Dec 5 08:43:19 CST 2015

On Fri, Dec 04, 2015 at 11:14:47PM +0000, Jason Brooks wrote:
> Piggy backing on here. Just got the Behmor 1600+ as an early Christmas gift
> from my wife.  Glad to see the mention that quarter pound batch are a bad
> idea.  I've been roasting for over 10 years on several different roasters.
> What I've seen worth either P1 or P2 is that the Behmor gets to a thermal
> safety before such as small mass can heat up in that cavernous body.

Haven't tried it, as I'm still using the old panel, but one thing I'd
hope is that with the manual control you ought to be able to find a
reduced-power setting that would better match the smaller load (and
that should help with the thermostating).  I could see myself using
that if it worked well, as I'm the only consumer here, so even a half
pound roast batch lasts a good while, and it's hard to justify roasting
two (or more) batches for post-roast blending (and pre-blend would
address that, but the few blends I feel confident enough to plan that
far ahead aren't well suited.  mixed roast levels and/or wet/dry
processed lots).

--
automation: replacing what works with something that almost works,
but which is faster and cheaper.  - attributed to Roger Needham