[Homeroast] Cleaning the Chemex?

Byron - Sweet Maria's Coffee byron at sweetmarias.com
Fri Aug 7 17:31:54 CDT 2015

A bottle brush will do the trick especially if you use a little dish soap
(just a drop or two). Just be sure to rinse it well after cleaning to get
rid of any soap or cleaner residue. Bottle brushes are also great for
cleaning travel mugs and electric brewer carafes. Chemex sells cleaning
brushes on their website as well.
http://www.chemexcoffeemaker.com/accessories.html

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 3:17 PM, Lynne Biziewski <lynnebiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't have a chemex anymore, but I have found the combination of some
> dish soap, baking soda and white vinegar is just short of miraculous.
>
> My so even used this to clean motor oil out of his air filter (long
> story). He declared me a genius after that, hahaha.
>
> I would let it soak - maybe get a baby bottle scrubber to help even more?
>
> Lynne
>
> On August 7, 2015, at 6:12 PM, Clark Barclay <pedestriancoffee at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Any tips on how to remove all that brown coffee residue off the bottom of
> my Chemex using a non nasty chemical product?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> *Pedestrian*
> instagram.com/pedestriancoffee