[Homeroast] Need Help - Almost an Empty Nester

Sandy Andina sandraandina at me.com
Fri Aug 7 16:44:35 CDT 2015

Same here. I roast for gift-giving, but also just before I take a trip. (I pack a hand grinder, mini-kettle, Aeropress and plastic travel mug—unlike a mini-Keurig or Nespresso Pixie, they fit in my suitcase). Brewing a fresh cup of home-roast (I bring regular & decaf) is a little touch of luxury, making it unnecessary to use the questionably-cleaned in-room machine and its terrible stale preground coffee packs. Besides, grinding and brewing homeroast makes the room smell wonderful!  I greatly appreciated having my own beans in Madrid and Seville when the rooms did not have their own coffeemakers. (My room in Barcelona had a Nespresso, but knowing that in advance I brought my own capsules which cost 1/3 of the room service price).
> On Aug 7, 2015, at 4:08 PM, Seth Grandeau <grandeau at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm the only coffee drinker in my house.  I use a Behmor (first
> generation).  My solution is two fold:
> #1, give homeroast as gifts to friends.  It's always appreciated and you
> get to introduce people to things like Kenyan fruit bombs, that they'll
> never experience at Starbucks or "Dunks"
> #2, I set up a corner of my home office as my "coffee corner".  I have a
> couple of plastic storage boxes, to hold greens (separated by region), and
> I covered them with coffee burlap sacks for decoration.  On top of this
> sits my Behmor and a collection of coffee nicknacks (hand grinders, old
> burrs, etc).  No wasted counter space in the kitchen

Peace & Song,
Sandy Andina
www.sandyandina.com