[Homeroast] Need Help - Almost an Empty Nester

Lynne Biziewski lynnebiz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 16:35:04 CDT 2015

Carol, I'm sort of an empty nester. Well, I have one son who sort of lives with me (I say sort of, because he took off across the country for the past month, and although he is headed back, he might just take off again). But even though he is a coffee drinker ("I can't wait to get home and have Mom's coffee - and a shower." Lol!), we brew our own.

Yeah, and seeing how long it sits in the French press kills me (he doesn't time the brew!!!)... but I digress.

I roast with a Poppery II popcorn popper - used to roast stovetop, but had to stop when I had one of the worst electric stoves ever made, in a previous apartment. I have to do several batches for a weeks worth for me, or us, when he's home. I try not to roast too dark, but you can easily do that since that's what you like. An insulated French press works great for me - I have one cup a day, but I make my coffee very strong.

I have fibromyalgia - my doctor said the brain functions (misfunctions?) in a similar way as brain injury. I cannot understand verbal instructions, and my memory problems border on being dangerous (when I had a backyard, I would often forget to let my dogs back in the house!), so I totally understand. It stinks, but I adjust.

Letting go of stuff usually makes me feel better. It's hard when we attach sentimental value to things - that is always my top priority. But sometimes, those things can weigh us down.

You're the only one who can decide if you can do with less - and if you want to!

Lynne

p.s. To everyone - I apologize for not trimming my message. I use an app on a Kindle now, and can't figure out how to trim them!