[Homeroast] Need Help - Almost an Empty Nester

Carol Lugg heislord at elpasotel.net
Fri Aug 7 12:57:09 CDT 2015

Terry and Mike,

How do you roast less than half pound, I have had trouble doing that. I
like my beans at a darker roast. Am I doing something wrong? The Hottop
I have is an earlier model that is not programmable. How would a person
do it so as not to end up with a light roast? I love my Hottop, but just
haven't been able to get it to do a dark roast on my beans when using
less than half pound. I am excited to hear that this is possible.  One
last question: does altitude make a difference? We live in Colorado at
about 6300 ft. I know when I see pics of what my beans should look like
at a certain time interval, mine are always darker.

Also, I have always had trouble with my Rancilio Grinder, getting it to
grind coarse enough to really make a good French Press cup.  Am I doing
something wrong, or is there a better grinder out there?

Not that this necessarily makes a difference, but please bear with me. I
had a stroke almost 3 years ago, and sometimes I might have to ask a
question a couple of times. I honestly didn't understand your answer the
first time Mike. I read Terry's response, and then it started to click
with me.

Thanks Again,
Carol in Colorado