[Homeroast] Grinder question

Phil Palmintere phil.palmintere at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 12:54:26 CDT 2015

I'm willing to pay for a premium product - several hundred $$.  (What is the
old saying about quality?  If you want quality oats, you should expect to
pay a fair price; if, however, you're willing to accept oats that have
already passed through a horse...)

Currently, I weigh out about 2.5 grams of beans, dump them in the hopper of
a $30 cuisinart burr grinder, grind all of them, then dump the grounds into
the Clever Coffee Dripper, and add a touch over 12 fluid oz of hot water.
About 4 minutes later, I have a mug of coffee.

Then I repeat about a half hour later.

So -- I don't grind that much at a time.  Every now and then (a few times
per year) I will make coffee for guests,  and I'll pull out an automatic
coffee maker (which I plan to upgrade to, say, a Technivorum).  Again, I
weigh out the beans based on how much coffee I plan to prepare, grind them
all, make coffee, and then I'm done.

Thanks!
Phil