[Homeroast] Question on roast times

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Mon Apr 27 11:07:50 CDT 2015

Hello Greg,

Monday, April 27, 2015, 6:30 AM, you wrote:

> Ira - what do you mean by this sentence?

> I was quite surprised at how little my Behmor would roast with
> what are considered reasonable profiles by the 3rd wave
> roasters.

> Are you saying that you're surprised that the Behmor could only roast small
> amounts with those profiles (e.g., the 250 grams)?

Well, yes, we all were sold a 1 lb roaster and I soon figured
out that the best I could do was 12 ounces assuming I used a 1
lb P2 B profile . Now that I'm at a place where I can actually
control and monitor the roaster without any limits or safety
features it's become obvious that it works a lot better at 250
grams. I've done 350 a couple of times, and I might be able to
pull that off but I'm afraid I won't be able to accurately
control the roast profile with that many beans.

-- Ira