[Homeroast] Question on roast times

Barry Luterman lutermanb at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 10:56:29 CDT 2015

I roast with a Quest M3. The roaster has an insulating blanket added to the
outside. This modification allows me to roast in my garage despite low
ambient temperatures. The insulation also allows me to roast 300 grams at a
time. That is, on 3 successive roasts i roast 2 lbs of coffee. my roasts
take between 12 and 14 minutes. depending on the type of bean ,degree of
roast and ambient temperature. Only very occasionally during the dead of
winter may a roast approach 15 minutes.