[Homeroast] Behmor safety

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Wed Sep 24 12:37:31 CDT 2014

Hello John,

Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 10:10 AM, you wrote:

> I'm going to step out of this.  To be blunt, I don't appreciate being
> called a liar.  You have NO IDEA what Joe was quoted and the cost of
> the new tooling and certifications he would have had to implement to
> do ANYTHING other than have a program change.

I didn't call you a liar. But I do this for a living and the idea that any other solution would have raised the price of the printer to $700 or $1200 just seems a bit much. If all you ever said was UL and ETL told us we had to do it this way or no approval, our issues become with the those agencies, not with you. There is so much wrong in the approval process and in my opinion the idea that this feature really makes it any safer is a mistake. All we need to do is roast 1/2 pounds on the 1 lb setting or extend the roast time out far enough on P5 before starting that the timer never comes into play and we can easily defeat the safety.  Maybe is they figured that out you wouldn't get approval at all.

I promise I pretty much understand the rules and concerns of everyone involved from the users to the agency.  All I ask is you treat us like we have brains.

-- Ira