[Homeroast] Behmor safety

tfishe1 at tampabay.rr.com tfishe1 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Sep 24 11:31:21 CDT 2014

Message: 5
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 18:26:07 +0000
From: Michael Baladi <mike at baladi.ws>
To: "A list to discuss home coffee roasting. There are rules for this
Subject: Re: [Homeroast] Behmor Err7 - what does it signify?

>You just hit the start button. It's pretty simply, you just need to note how
>long into the roast the panel starts to blink and then hit the button. If you
>aren't paying at least that much attention to it....... probably shouldn't be
>roasting!

I typically, make that always, roast in my garage. Most days in Florida are sunny, and on those sunny days the Behmor display is quite difficult to read or see blinking. I use a talking timer but the semi-visual warning really is a pain for me. As it is the timer will work just as well if I am in the house as it will I'm in the garage if I choose to be stupid about it. A more obvious warning would be much easier.

Terry