[Homeroast] Behmor Err7 - what does it signify?

John Nanci john at chocolatealchemy.com
Mon Sep 22 14:26:57 CDT 2014

The short answer, as I have inside information, is that it could not
be certified with an audible alert.  The ruling was it would only
promote people to walk away and depend upon the sound.  Joe's hands
were basically tied.  To have the extra control, it had to have this
dead man switch.  So it's not bad design.  It's regulations.

As for the EU model, GS keeps making the rules tighter and tighter
and keeps not passing the roaster.  The latest is that they are
treating it like a toaster oven and won't allow the outside to get
above a certain level (like 150 F)...one rather low for roasting. Joe
certainly has not been waiting for the new model.

But I TOTALLY don't understand how this makes your roasting life
"very complicated".  It's a roaster.  You should be present and attentive.

John