[Homeroast] Mazzer espresso grinding

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Tue Sep 16 11:56:28 CDT 2014

Minor grind/dose changes are constantly needed caused by bean aging,
humidity, ambient temperature. Needed grind/dose changes can happen hourly
let alone daily with big environmental changes. Large conical burr grinders
are less affective than flat burr. To believe otherwise is either out of
ignorance or delusion.

Generally speaking ALL beans all roasts pulled as shots greatly benefit from
at least 5 days rest and usually a week plus better. Many don't sing best as
shots until 12 to 15 days rest. Think I'm out to lunch? For example when
Heather's straight shots were judged "best in the world" at the World
Barista Championships every round she competed with 13 day rested.

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/