[Homeroast] Need opinion ASAP...

Larry Dorman ldorman at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 11:42:49 CDT 2014

Here's the actual craigslist posting which contains the pictures...
http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/bfs/4647867337.html  I'm just going from
the pictures and comparing to google to say that this is an SJ.  I'm
guessing this is the 'dull' doser...  what is the concern there?

As far as grinder capabilities...  I have a Rocky that does well for me
now, but I'm constantly switching between espresso and drip so I've been
thinking about getting a dedicated espresso grinder.  Is the SJ an upgrade
or just a side-grade?  I see that its burrs are nearly identical to the
Rocky, so can I really expect a higher quality grind?  I could see the
higher resolution adjustment capability making it better.  I could also see
a more powerful motor possibly helping, though I don't know that and it's
no like my Rocky struggles any.

So $300 isn't a great price...  what is a great price without 'stealing' it
from them?

LarryD