[Homeroast] Yirga Cheffe Aricha

Howard B howardbandy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 11:42:46 CDT 2014

Hi John --

Since I am the only other contributor to this thread so far, I assume the
question is for me.  My experience is with FreshRoast 500, not HotTop.
FreshRoast is a fluid bed / hot air roaster, so while your preheat question
makes sense for a drum like HotTop, it doesn't for FreshRoast.  I start
with room temperature beans.  I do several batches in a short time with the
FreshRoast with nothing special between batches other than clean the chaff
filters, but I do not do any special preheating of the equipment.  I'll
wait for someone with specific HotTop experience to comment.

Best,
Howard