[Homeroast] No first crack

Carol Lugg heislord at elpasotel.net
Wed Sep 3 11:57:07 CDT 2014

I love Monsooned Malabar beans in my French Press. I have a little bit
older Hottop that I use for roasting. I would agree that it is hard to
hear first crack with this bean. I have wondered if it might have
something to do with the weight of the bean, but did not know. I sit
right by my roaster the whole time, so I also go by time and temp, and
the color of the bean as well. I also let these rest for about 3 days,
and find they are excellent. One of my favorites!

Carol