[Homeroast] Roasting Kenyan in Bremer 1600+

Seth Grandeau grandeau at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 13:16:55 CDT 2014

I usually go with 2/3 lb of greens on the 1 lb setting with P1/B.  I
generally hit first crack with around 5 minutes left on the clock.  I
manually hit the Cool button about 45 seconds after 1st starts, never more
than 1 minute.

If it seems to be moving through 1st crack too fast, my next option is to
go with the same batch size, but use the 1 lb setting with P5/A.  After the
roast starts, I hit the + button to bump it up to the longest (25:30, if I
remember correctly).  P5 ends the roast at a slightly lower temperature,
which I find helps extend the time between 1st and 2nd crack.