[Homeroast] Roasting Kenyan in Bremer 1600+

Steve Jacobs steve.jacobs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 06:57:50 CDT 2014

I usually do larger roasts. My bean of choice is a Rwandan Karongi Gitesi
(I usually buy it in 20 pound bags) and I preheat the Behmor and a pound of
beans for two minutes, then restart it for the maximum time with A and P1.
I let it run about 45 seconds into the second crack and often have about 20
seconds left on the clock. I've never had an issue with over-roasting
larger batches and if anything, during colder weather I have have a hard
time getting it deep enough into second crack for my tastes.