[Homeroast] Chai

Seth Grandeau grandeau at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 15:27:03 CDT 2014

One of my favorite coffees from Trader Joe's was their Wintry Blend. From
their website:

The beans are roasted to a smooth, medium-dark Vienna roast. But since this
is no everyday coffee, we didn't stop there. We added whole green and red
peppercorns, fresh whole cloves and chunks of sweet cinnamon. The coffee
isn't flavored; rather, it's spiked with spices.

I can tell you, from personal experience, that it was a very nice cup of
coffee.  I don't think adding spices to your coffee makes it something
artificial, any more than adding cream or sugar milk foam to your coffee
does.  They're just different approaches to your drink and if you like
them, then great.  Personally, I don't like the "flavored" coffees with
artificial flavors sprayed on, but this approach of adding chunks of spices
to roasted coffee was, for me, great.  One piece of advice, but a separate
grinder, so you don't mix the spice flavors into all your ground coffee.