[Homeroast] Roasting over a fire

Charlie Herlihy zapcafe at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 20 16:03:01 CDT 2014

Brian Kamnetz
Today at 12:40 PM
Terry,

Nothing on the page was called Adirondack, but from your description it
sounds like you mean this one:

http://www.rubylane.com/item/1052416-pop1/Colonial-Style-Popcorn-Popper-Campfire-Basket

I think this answers one of the questions I had, and that is what are the
good ways to "stir". It sounds like you rest the extension (far end of
popper) on something handy and slowly rotate the whole thing. I've seen a
few of these as I have been looking around over the past couple days.

Thanks,

Brian

 That's the right popper to use but you don't rotate the basket, you shake it forward and back. Full of coffee beans (it holds up to a lb. or so) it's heavy after a few minutes. Rest the extension on something like a brick or steady rock while you push and pull. It's best by far to do the roast over a good bed of coals instead of much flame. I've roasted over many a campfire with my Androck,(the colonial style popper) and in the home woodstove as well as in a wood fired pizza oven. Raise or lower the basket away or closer to the heat to control your roasting profile.
 I tried to delete the many posts above this but couldn't manage, sorry

  Charlie