[Homeroast] Behmor Roaster - Cleaning

John Nanci john at chocolatealchemy.com
Mon Oct 13 11:38:51 CDT 2014

My recommendation is to follow the directions.

I've been using simple green, followed by a water rinse, for 10 years
in my roasters.  Vinegar is in my experience totally ineffective for
cleaning roasting residue.

simplegreen.com/pdfs/techtalk20002.pdf

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CCwQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsimplegreen.com%2Fpdfs%2Ftechtalk20002.pdf&ei=3f47VIDxKcimigKE1YDgCQ&usg=AFQjCNGVCWC5eU2W7Af4aCLumkUTUDamzA

It may be toxic to consume, but it's been USDA food surface approved
with a rinse.  Not unlike MANY cleaning products.

I'd never clean my drum with it, but can see zero issue with the
walls and glass of my roaster.

John