[Homeroast] antique cory pots on glasstop range

kevin creason ckevinj at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 08:55:22 CDT 2014

For the first time since I was a wee little kid, I have a home with an
electric range. Call me old and grumpy but I am having difficulty adjusting
to this change. I like gas ranges better... oh well.
I remember a few years ago there was some discussion about using the
delicate glass pots on electric ranges. A diffuser was very important to
protect the pot as I recall. However, there was a difference between the
exposed burners and the glasstop ranges.
My new range is a glass top. Do I need a diffuser? I believe the owner's
manual for the range said it wasn't necessary, however I'm more concerned
about what other Cory owners say.
I googled it a little, but then I thought why not go to the horse's mouth
and initiate a little discussion on our too-quiet list. ;-)

OK, go....

-Kevin
/*“ I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know
what can't be done. ” -- Henry Ford  */