[Homeroast] Changing Thermocouple

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Thu Nov 20 14:44:27 CST 2014

Hello John,

Thursday, November 20, 2014, 12:39 PM, you wrote:

> My thermocouple broke.  I use it with the Quest.  I purchased a replacement
> K type thermocouple.  But I can't figure out how to pull out the existing
> wire from the metal probe.  Anyone have any experience with that.

The probe is an integral part, normally you'd get a whole new assembly. www.omega.com is the go to place for that kind of thing. A bit more expensive, but it's all custom so you get exactly what you want if you ask. As in if what you want is not listed, find the closest part number, the call them and tell them how you want it different.

-- Ira