[Homeroast] Beginner grill roasting

Will Stevens stevens.williamr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 13:21:57 CST 2014

I started roasting coffee this fall using the HG/DB method.  In my last SM
shipment, I purchased a behmor drum on clearance and have been roasting the
last few lbs on my gas grill.   I love the increase in batch size that this
method allows; i don't love that I cannot see the beans.  Additionally, my
current method rotating the drum using a drill leaves leaves a lot of room
for improvement.

I think that this method shows a lot of promise and am looking for
suggestions on ways to rotate the drum automatically, monitor bean
temperature,and/or add a thief visually inspect the beans.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Will