[Homeroast] Quest M3-The Little Roaster that Could

sci scizen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 17:39:18 CST 2014

Growing weary of so many back-to-back roasts in the Q, I decided to try, at
least once, roasting a full 1 pound charge. Results were very good!! Though
I made the mistake of doing a pound of DP Ethiopian and the chaff collector
was very full.
My Q has a hefty thermal blanket and I was in a warm house. I set the heat
at 1100 wattts ( I use a KillaWatt meter) and fan at 4. The roast was at
EOR of  425F in 14:15 minutes with a steady ramp. It was hard to slow down
the roast at the onset of 1C, but I'll get the hang of it soon.
I probably won't do this all the time, but sometimes you just need a lot of
coffee!

Blessings,
Ivan