[Homeroast] Geisha on AirPopper

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Sat Nov 8 15:18:57 CST 2014

I've roasted a fair amount of Geisha varietal the past 15 years. Both with
Caffe Rosto which roasts very similar to an air popper (I had complete heat
& fan profile control) as well as CCR HotTop and full commercial drum. As
Tom recommends City to City+ AT MOST IMO. He said "even" at FC retained
"much" of the 'Geisha' profile. To me taking Geisha to FC would be a waste
of great coffee.

The last few years I've been roasted most Geisha a light City, actual finish
bean temp (mass) less than 20f higher than start of 1st. Most recently
dropping at 396f start of 1st ~380f. The HUGE key to a good light roast is
not blasting through first. With a fluid bed roast aka air popper I'd want
at least 2min start of 1st to end of roast. My USRC drum I go for 2:30.

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/