[Homeroast] Changes > was RE: cool water

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Fri Nov 7 11:00:24 CST 2014

Most likely returning from vacation in Hawaii. Haven't been back in a decade
since leaving Corporate America and turning coffee professional 7 years ago.
But growing pains are pretty much over and survived the long hard recession
and now thriving gang busters. Leaving for the Big Island Dec 31st returning
Jan 11th for our first vacation in 8 years.

Miss Silvia left for a new home with a fellow SM Lister quite some time ago
replaced by Bricoletta. Rocky still on the counter, about 10th set of burrs,
though I don't use it except for making vac' packs for Debi to take to work.
Debi does use it, kind of afraid of the Mazzer Major I use. Oh Bric' also
left about a year ago, now has a home with Curtis one of my barista and asst
mgr. Now running Quickmill Vetrano 2B at home, likely my last home machine
until/if ever get my Bucket List home machine. (1gr Slayer or Speedster)

Funny that list of brewing devises at the Roastery was typed at home and I
missed a few! Add Choreador (Costa Rica peasant coffee sock), Yama Ice Brew
Tower, Toddy standard size & 5 gal, and ancient Krups Gusto espresso machine
I occasionally use to demonstrate a cheapo home espresso machine capable of
respectable shot paired with a great grinder. (takes a crazy temp surf to be
sure)

Now back to the USRC, new crop Konga DP currently in the hopper... Talk
about changes, though in the bigger scheme of coffeedom I'm a small fry
roaster currently at a Ton of greens roasted every 5 to 6 weeks clip ha-ha.

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/