[Homeroast] cool water

Michael Koenig koenig.mike at icloud.com
Thu Nov 6 18:10:24 CST 2014

John,

I lost my ability to have a grinder and water pot when my office went to open space (they promised good coffee but we got flavia machines). Here's what I do with either my clever or aero press.

I bring water to boiling in the microwave, then figure out the time it takes to cool down to the temperature you want (use your measuring device of choice).  Then I just count the time from when I stop the microwave.  This time can depend heavily on your cup and its insulating properties.

You could also crack open the top of the Bunn when nobody is looking and look for a temperature adjustment in there. I think some have one.

--mike

Sent from my iPhone