[Homeroast] Poppery Heating Element

Jason Brooks brookswv at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 15:58:16 CDT 2014

Hey folks. Been fighting with the poppery heating element. For background,
we're in the slow process of moving. I took at job back home in WV in
September, weekends full of driving back to VA then to on Sunday. Saturday
is the roasting day. The coil has been annoying lately, but today, it's
pushed me over!

If you are familiar with the Poppery I's design, you have two leads that
attach to the ni-chrome heating element. On mine, one of those was a solder
connection. That connection broke today and I've not been able to solder it
back, largely due to the fact that most of my tools that are handy for such
are packed. I tried a spade clip, but it didn't work

Is there something else that would bind the ni-chrome to what was the
solder joint? I've been thinking of JB Weld, but didn't know if it would be
conductive.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Low on roasted coffee for next week,
and about 22 hours to departure.

Jason